Sunday, April 22, 2012

Future of Dance in Bowman

Hello Supporters, I first want to apologize for not writing or planning a dance camp recently.  Some of you may know, but I have been having difficulties with an employee of the rec center and brought it to the boards attention.  That being said, I thought me driving down to Bowman from Bismarck was appreciated by all, that is apparently not the case.  Since writing a letter to the Board, I asked for a contract to be written for the sake of both parties.  The Board did this and gave me two options in continuing to come teach dance.  They are: either pay 3 times more for rent a weekend and buy my own insurance, OR continue to use the rec centers liability insurance and they take 70% of what I charge for the camps.

In my letter I made it very clear that my mother and I come down because we enjoy it and love the kids so much, NOT because I make a ton of money or come out even sometimes with expenses.  I feel very hurt and not wanted in the community.  I know this is not the case for most of you, but I am not sure what to do or how I feel about this situation.  I would love to hear feedback from my supporters.....YOU!!!! on how to approach this situation.  Even if I were to raise my prices to make up for the extra expenses now, I'm not sure I want to deal with the rec center any more.  I would love any ideas or comments you have, whether positive or negative.  I need to hear them all. 

I hope to find a way to work something out for the near future.....I MISS MY STUDENTS!!!!

Thank you all very very much,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment